Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Because I'm the mommy

I now know why my mom would say those infamous words, "Because I'm the mommy!"

Aaron has been asking, "But why mommy?" (it usually involves him asking for something he can't have at that moment or plain just can't have) I would reply with the answer that I thought would satisfy his curiosity. But I'm sadly mistaken. "Why?" I would respond with the same answer just in simpler terms, thinking that he just didn't get it. We end up going through 3 or 4 rounds of "why", and I just give up and say..."Because I'm the mommy."

I remember my mom telling me that and I would get frustrated and would continue to beg/irritate her until she just ignored me. 8-D But what does my son do? He asks, "But why are you the mommy?" I really don't think he's ready for the 'birds & the bees' talk. *sigh* I love my little booger.

No comments: