Saturday, March 15, 2008

Potty Time!

YESSSSS! Michael and I are no longer buying those expensive diapers! For the longest time I was thinking that Aaron was never going to be potty trained and that he was going to be one of those children that wore diapers until he was 5 years old.
Needless to say, he has proved us wrong in only about 3 days. I actually made Aaorn a "pee chart". So everytime he would use the potty he would get a smiley face sticker, and when he got seven smiley faces he would get a chocolate (his favorite). I truly thought it was going to take a few weeks to get him used to the potty and used to telling us when he need to go. We were so shocked when he would tell us, "Potty." I never thought I would be so excited to hear that word.
Another accomplishment under Aaron's belt is he went poop too; althought I do think it startled him a bit.
He's actually getting better when we are in public he will tell us he needs to go potty, but I'm still not putting him in his undies when we go out...just to be sure. So he still wears his pull ups in public. I guess everything can't come at once, but we sure are getting there quickly!!

No comments: