Friday, April 9, 2010

Been too long!

Well, I have been slacking way too much when it comes to this blog!!! Kade is almost 1 year old (I cannot believe it), and it's something that I was completely unprepared for. We have finally moved out of base housing, hallelujah, and Michael is about to deploy again for another 4 months.

There has been so much change in our lives, but it's all for the better right? Oh and I almost forgot that Aaron starts Kindergarten this coming school year as well. It truly hit me that he's growing older when I turned in his registration packet to the school here. When he was first born, it seemed like 5 years was so far off in the future and now it's coming to fruition. Where did the past five years go? They seemed to have flown by so quickly that I find myself trying to create a mental photo book of his life. Which makes me want to savor the next five years of Kade's life even more than I am already, knowing that he's the last child Michael and I will have.

Overall, I'm just not prepared for the boys to grow up! I don't want them to grow up so quickly. Too bad I cannot slow down time for the good times and fast forward the bad times, i.e. temper tantrums or early morning wake up calls from Kade's room.

Unfortunately this month is also the month that Michael deploys, again! But I have to keep telling myself that it could be so much worse. Instead of only deploying for four months, he could be deployed for one year or longer. But it doesn't mean that it's not hard or that it completely and utterly sucks. Hopefully, the boys and I will have things to do to keep us busy and preoccupied, more so for myself.

I have also tried to become more active in Michael's squadron, becoming a key spouse, and being more proactive in meeting other stay-at-home mommies in the local area...I know they will both be my saving grace from going completely insane. I'm also pretty sure that I'm going to be blogging much more!

No comments: