Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Key Spouse

Ah yes, I have decided to be a key spouse for my husbands squadron. There were a few reasons why I ultimately decided to become a key spouse. I'll be honest, the first reason was because I am a stay-at-home mom and I need the interaction of other adults from time to time. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my children to death, but having an adult conversation is something that is needed! Secondly, I remember Michael's first deployment and he informed me that a SNCOs wife would be calling me at least twice (it was only a 2 month deployment at that time) just to check up on me. Low and behold, I got 1 phone call and that was a week before he was coming home. It was completely and utterly pointless for her to even call me. So I feel like I can and will change that, because it made me feel as though I had either done something wrong or that I wasn't important enough for her to take 2-5 minutes out of her day to call me. I don't want another spouse to think the same thing I did...it sucks. Thirdly, call me a dreamer or what have you, but I'm so tired of having the squadron have their little cliques. I know what you may be thinking, "There are always going to be cliques anywhere you go." And yes you may be right, but that doesn't mean that we can attempt to remedy the situation. It doesn't mean that we are all going to get together and be amicable and sing around a campfire, but just knowing who each other is, is better than what we have going on now!


So , yes call me crazy for trying to get to know other FEMALES (we all know how catty we can be), but I am going into this with an open mind. Wish me luck!

No comments: