Saturday, April 24, 2010

March of Dimes

Today Alanna & Steve, Julie, her son, Alec, Aaron, Kade, & I did the six mile walk for the March of Dimes in Sacramento today. 8-) I have never done a walk for anything before but I want to do MORE! It was just refreshing to get out of the house and do something productive and be in the company of great people.

I'm surprised Aaron didn't start complaining about the walk taking too long or that he wanted his Leapster to play with. He was such a trooper. Also, Alanna & Steve were so helpful when they took the reigns and pushed the stroller for me because I had wrapped Kade in the moby wrap. You would think that since I was hands free it wouldn't be such a hassle to push the stroller....WRONG! Oh well, it all worked out nicely.

The six mile walk didn't seem like six miles...it's because we were all in good company. Let's see the next walk is the Susan G. Komen walk in May 8, 2010.

We also had a nice surprise when we came home and Michael was able to chat with us. However, I was laying down relaxing and I didn't see that he was chatting with us, or attempting to, and I missed that opportunity. But Michael did end up calling us a few hours later to let us know that there had arrived at their destination perfectly fine, but the 12+ hour flight was too long! HA! That is an understatement! I couldn't imagine being on an airplane for 12 or more hours! At the 4 hour mark I start to get irritated; I guess better him than me! But he's doing fine and so is the rest of the crew and they start work tomorrow!!! *WHEW*

No comments: