Friday, April 23, 2010

Four Month Marathon.



Here's a last minute picture of my boys. 8-)

Michael left today without a hitch. Aaron woke up and came into our room as soon as he knew that Michael was up getting ready. Kade work up with a bit of grogginess but I think I was the one that didn't want to get out of bed. Of course the morning routine seemed to be going in fast forward and not too long after we had woken up, we were off to the airport.

Since Michael is on military orders we are able to go through the security check point and wait with him in the terminal, but Michael said it makes it tougher on him and I can understand why. But at the same time, I instinctively want to spend every last possible moment with him. So wen just ended up saying our goodbyes downstairs, where you check in your luggage.

Michael gave the kids hugs and kisses and then gave me a kiss. I tried not to tear up but I couldn't help it. But that was quickly ended when he gave me a hug and while giving me a hug his glasses smooshed against my face. Which in turn, turned a sad moment into a comical one. So overall, the goodbye part wasn't as horrible as I thought it was going to be.

I think it really hit me when I came home and saw his truck in the driveway and I knew he wasn't going to be inside of the house. I just have to keep telling myself that each day it will get easier...the nights on the other hand I'm not too sure. The nights are the toughest part. Because when we put the kids down for bed, we just kinda hang out and watch TV do our Ashford posts together and ask opinions on our assignments. Now, it's me. Which I guess it has it's silver lining, a very thing silver lining. I can start working out again when the kids go down for the night. I can be somewhat productive while he's gone! LOL 8-)

Thankfully, I have many family, friends, and friends with children that can help me run this "marathon."

3 comments:

Julie Martin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

wahoo! We're runnin' together girlie :) We'll have to do TONS of stuff to make the days go faster :) maybe a few slumber parties are in order!


**sorry I posted on the wrong blog lol**

amayotkd said...

I'm here if you need me hun! We'll all get together with the kiddos!